Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pretty Paper Party Day 3



On Day 3 Shimelle shared with us a prompt, all about concentrating page elements together, and a limited edition video that taught us how to carry out "Stash Diving" in order to get the most from our supplies, and to stop us from being afraid to cut our favourite pretty papers. It also taught us the mantra "Use it while you love it!"

I decided to dive right in with the idea and selected papers from the brown/yellow/teal/red colour palette. It wasn't the palette I was originally going to go for but I found I didn't have a great deal of grey to go with my yellow and teal.

The first picture shows my papers before they were cut, and the second is after I had chopped them all up, according to Shimelle's instructions:

Photobucket

Photobucket

As the video suggests, I started big, making a double layout first. I scraplifted the placement of papers from Shimelle's own layout on the video as I am never totally confident on the positioning over a double. However, with the completely different colour scheme, embellishments and subject it looks completely different!

Photobucket

I am looking forward to seeing how much more I can make from this pile, and will definitely use this method again.

To see more of my posts related to this class search my tags for Pretty Paper Party :)

No comments: