Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pretty Paper Party Day 1



Party Ring Princess

Photobucket

So today our challenge was to use strips of paper and I started by digging out my scraps drawer. I already knew which photo I wanted to use, as I am aiming to get lots of layouts of Libbi completed, as well as a couple of Joshua.

The colours of the crown and the party ring biscuit led me straight to the pinks and yellows. It turned out I had much more in the way of pink, so I used the yellow for the base card (American Crafts) and the accent features. I also decided to use American Crafts princess stamps to create embellishments, and added punched circles from the bright pink spotty Bo Bunny paper (luckily it was double sided so I could use the plain and the spotty!).

I am off out again tonight, so tomorrow I will do today's prompt alongside the new one. Really enjoying having the opportunity to scrap in the early evening - thanks Shimelle!

To see my other blog posts for this class, search the tag Pretty Paper Party :)

4 comments:

BEX said...

So pretty - perfect for a little princess.

Debbie P said...

How adorable is this! Great job!

Sue Althouse said...

What a sweet photo! Love your choice of pink and yellow papers.

Jen said...

Thank you for your comments ladies :)