Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pretty Paper Party Day 2



Photobucket

Yesterday was day 2 of Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party class and the prompt was all about using a patterned paper as a background sheet instead of plain cardstock. I immediately went to my American Crafts A La Carte box as I knew there would be lots of suitable prints in there. I then looked through my scraps and chose a couple of papers from the Dear Lizzie range, which I love! Again I was trying to choose photos of Libbi, and I am loving yellow right now so this had to be my background. I then decided on the green as it matched the colour of Oscar's T-shirt exactly. Finally I added a pink and white flower print, as well as using the opposite side which was the same pink in a block colour.

I finished up the principle of using my stash while I love it by adding embellishments from a giant K&co box that I got at Costco about 2 years ago! I had been saving the 3D butterflies and flowers but decided they would work well on this layout - I am really pleased I used them.

To see all my posts for this class, search for the tag Pretty Paper Party :)

2 comments:

Debbie P said...

What a pretty and bright layout. So cute! Well done!

Sue Althouse said...

Such a happy, colorful page! Love your mix of colors and patterns!