Friday, April 13, 2012

Shimelle's Online Crop

I know, I know - it has been age since I last blogged! In fact, it was for Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party, right around the time that things got really busy again. Thankfully I have started to go back to the prompts I never got time to complete, but more on that later.

This weekend www.shimelle.com is hosting an online crop, with classes and competitions that can be completed/entered from the comfort of your own home :D One of the best things is that most of the competitions are open until the end of the following weekend.

Anyhoo, it started at 12pm today and the first prompt was to take inspiration from a layout by Jaime Warren.

This is my completed layout, and I have used the same background colour (pink), a single photo cropped down from 6x4, a cloud shapped embellishment, a journalling card featuring my name, and 3D foam to make some of the elements pop.

Photobucket

Hope you like it!

4 comments:

Debbie P said...

What a fun layout! Is that bottle of syrup as big as it looks? Holy cow. Love your patterned papers. Great job!

Kate said...

Mmmm, chocolate. Loving your frame round your picture. (Don't show that sauce bottle to my middley, she'll go mad!). Such a pretty paper, too. x

Jen said...

Thank you ladies :)

I would have loved the bottle to be full of syrup, alas it was a piggy bank (similar to the giant Coke bottle ones)!

It was a real kingsize bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, though ;)

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you shot down my hope that the Hershey's Syrup bottle existed in real life. Because I was going to have to hunt that bad boy down!! LOL!! Love your sweet page!