Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quadrants - My Hubby, My Friend

This weekend I had some extra time to scrap thanks to the never ending rain we have been experiencing!

Once again I went back to look at the challenges from Shimelle's crop weekend and decided to do the challenge to create a layout with 4 distinct areas.  The original challenge is here.

The photo was taken at Kenilworth Castle.  We visited with my mum and dad back in October on the way to Birmingham for the Hobbycrafts/Crafts for Christmas show.  There was a lot of laughter on this trip, which I will document in another layout.  I thought that this photo would work well to let my hubby know that he is also my best friend.

Earlier in the week I received an order from Craft Superstore, inlcuding some My Minds' Eye paper pads, which were used for 2 of the patterns in the background, and a new butterfly punch.  I also took inspiration from another of Shimelle's challenges where the original layout used tone on tone punched embellishments - in the top right corner you can make out the butterflies positioned to blend in with the paper underneath, although I have used some gems to make them stand out a little.

Thanks for looking :)

Photobucket

No comments: