Sunday, December 13, 2009

JYC - Day 13

Yes, I have missed out Day 12! It was about Christmas past and I want to think a little more about exactly what I want to document for that - my mum has some great photos but they are all in a box in the loft, not scanned in or anything!

So, Day 13 is about Christmas songs- an easy subject for me. As a member of RaTS Revellers I know a whole host of traditional, alongside extremely unusual, Christmas songs! However, since becoming a teacher I am not able to devote the time to the Christmas season of concerts (especially not with panto rehearsals at the same time).

Every year, one of my scrapping friends sends a group of us (the Sinners) a Christmas parcel. Inside is a Christmas card, some form of confectionary, and a CD, especially chosen for the season. In the past we have had Alan Titchmarsh, Harry Potter inspired wizardry, and this year it was a Star Wars Christmas. But it all began with The Hoff. It is so cheesey and, at times, cringeworthy, that it's a must-listen for me every Christmas. Unfortunately, my husband isn't quite such a big fan. He didn't remind me that it wasn't playing as we put up our decorations this year - shock, horror! So today, I must rectify this, by listening to at least part of it. We wish you.......a merry Christmas...

No comments: