Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Journal Your Christmas - my manifesto

Wow....September 2008....I didn't realise it had been that long!

So, in my last post I mentioned how we had booked our Disney wedding- and here we are, December 1st 2009, and we've been married for 3 and a half months.

I have joined Journal Your Christmas at http://www.shimelle.com/



- this is something that I've wanted to do for a couple of years but have never got round to signing up for. Our first prompt is to write our manifesto. As I am currently typing in bed on my work laptop, having sent in my cover work, feeling sorry formyself, I figured I would state it on my blog:


We'll start at the very beginning...it's a very good place to start! So why am I doing this? Because I'm mad? Because I finally have my mojo back? Because I want to make this Christmas special? To be honest, it's probably a combination of all these things. Over the last few years, December blurs into a tiring mess of work and social life, with very little "me" time inbetween. So this year, I promise myself at least 20 mintues a day to concentrate on my project. I also want to document my first Christmas as a married woman - how many more Christmasses will we spend as just the two of us before kids come along? But that's a question for another day. For now...on with the show!

6 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

A great entry :)....hello too from the SE of England :)

. said...

Hi there, just visiting from JYC :)

Congratulations on the wedding (although its clearly a little late!). Hope you're feeling better soon.

xMx

Colleen said...

I love that you are starting this at the beginning of your married life.

Jen said...

Thank you everyone! I think JYC is what I needed to kick start my blog again. I'm also scrapping the wedding so after JYC I'll start posting those LOs :)

Jayne said...

What a great idea..never thought of the newlywed angle, thanks for the idea. Hope u get well soon.

Congrats on wedding. Are u going to post any pics? Am very jealous...I suggested some Disney ideas for ours and the boss said no:(

Helen said...

hi! hope you're feeling better, love your manifesto!