Tuesday, August 29, 2006

There should be a law..

OK, today I'm using the prompt from UKS. It's asking us to state our five pet peeves:

  1. Bad drivers!! The people who sit in the middle lane or, even worse, the people who seem intent on filling the gap you leave between your car and the car in front. Chris Moyles was talking about the exact same thing this morning and I agreed with every word he said! Finally, I hate drivers who don't use their indicators - I'm not psychic, end of story.
  2. People who patronise me because they think I'm younger than I am. I may not look it, but I'm 25. I may wear scruffy clothes in my free time but professionally I'm about to become a teacher. This has bugged me since my time at KFC, when parents would say to their children, "Now, you must work hard at school so you don't end up with a job like this," in full hearing! Well, excuse me, but I was studying for four A-levels at the time, predicted A-grades in all of them, and hoping to go to one of the top five universities in the country. I worked at KFC because I understood the value of money and would much prefer to live off my own earnings than those of my mum and dad.
  3. People who treat their pets badly - sorry, there is just no excuse. If you can't take care of the pet, or cope with its behaviour, you shouldn't have got it in the first place - it isn't the fault of the animal.
  4. People who park in disabled spaces when they don't need to. It's just selfish and, more to the point, lazy. You have a body that works - be grateful for it because there are others who don't have that luxury.
  5. Wow, I got to five quickly! Finally I hate people who impress their opinions on you because they believe they are totally right and you are wrong. If our opinions differ, I'm happy to agree to disagree, just don't push me and treat my views as inferior.

I now feel a whole lot better having got that off my chest lol!

Now, what else have I been upto this weekend? Well, I did two single LOs (very pleased with those) and, finally, a double LO of Sasha but it just doesn't seem finished....I think I'll go back to it in a few days and it may have become clearer what it needs.

And today I have been doing the research for my first lessons teaching Willy Russell's Our Day Out. The SOW suggests taking the pupils to the computer room but, as it is not recommended to do that til you've known them at least six weeks so I've altered it to handouts from the recommended websites that they can do the research from instead!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Like the post! I would agree with those!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, especially on your point about working at KFC, the value of money and rude customers. Well done on becoming a teacher!