Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Dancing is Love's Perfect Exercise


I love these photos of Mark and Sophie dancing with no music at the end of their wedding reception - although they were both a bit tipsy there is no doubting the love they have for each other and how pleased they were to now be married. I thought the quote was so apt and the Kelly Panacci papers just screamed out to be used - I think I'm going to have a job not using her papers for most of the wedding LOs I want to do!


Now, from one party to another......today's UKS blog prompt is who would I invite to my imaginary ultimatee dinner party? I've never really thought about this before but I've heard lots of ideas from other people!
The first two would be Anne Rice and Bram Stoker - obviously I would get to have lots of conversation about vampires and gothic literature and I'd love to hear why they chose their different interpretations of the vampire character and their storytelling techniques.
The next two would be musical guests. Stephen Sondheim, as I am intrigued by his creative process - what drives him to create his work, how does he lean towards such diverse subjects and what does he see himself composing in the future? Then I would also have Elton John. I love Elton's music and he has also been more and more involved in the world of musical theatre lately. I would want him to play some tracks from the ill fated musical version of The Vampire Lestat and ask him whether he would rework it, whether it might come to London in the future. This also ties in nicely with having Anne Rice there!

My fifth and final guest would have to be Carl - I can't imagine hosting a dinner party without my soulmate there. He probably wouldn't say that much at first but I hope he would soon become engrossed in the conversation and contribute to it as well.

2 comments:

scrapdolly said...

Great choice of guests - I enjoyed reading that

Anonymous said...

what a lovely layout