Thursday, August 02, 2007

Underwater Photographer


Underwater Photographer
Originally uploaded by Scrap_Vamp
Inspired by the article on water LOs in Scrapbook Inspiration I finally got around to scrapping some non-dolphin photos from our trip to Discovery Cove last year.

After reading a tip on The DIBB we went to Walmart on the night we arrived and purchased some underwater disposable cameras. They only cost us about $12 for all three (about £7 at the exchange rate then) and we're so pleased we did. AT DC they were selling very similar cameras for about $15 each!!!

It was great fun being able to take photos under the water while we were snorkelling, even if I was completely hopeless with using my snorkel lol.

I had all but finished the LO, using wave shaped pieces of pp, and diamond glaze on the word "underwater" for part of the title but I couldn't decide how to finish off the other word for the title. So I took a trip to Scrapbook Sisters and spotted these fab KI Memories stamps - all my other stamps were too big or too small but these were perfect. I stamped the word directly onto the LO and heat embossed it, which had the alarming effect of making the cardstock curl at first - eek! But once it cooled it settled back down into the right shape, i.e. flat!

I'm also really pleased that I used the gold sea charms on this LO - I bought them when I started scrapping three years ago, safe in the knowledge that I would use them one day - and now I have.

3 comments:

winterbaby said...

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/Queenofwinter/rock.jpg[/IMG]

Really great blog Jen, lovely layouts and sketches too :)

I've just Tagged you :) Take a look at my blog for details.

Tracy
:)

winterbaby said...

Really great blog Jen, lovely layouts and sketches :)

Also adding that your Blog Rocks so I've Tagged you :) just pop onto my blog for details :D

Tracy
:)

willowthewysp said...

I just love this layout...it is stunning!
xx