Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Year 8 - EURGH!!

Lol, sorry for the title! My Year 8 English class are just the most lazy kids I have come across in my life and they are incapable of doing anything for themselves. I set a homework task, due in tomorrow, that they were to spend half an hour on (they get English homework once a week). The complaints were incredible!! Half the class left without taking their prompt sheet with them so I'm expecting their efforts to be outstanding.....we really are breeding generations of children who expect not to have to work or compete for anything.

I'm also knackered as I had duty today and my free lesson got taken for a Year 9 maths cover - no toilet break from 9.45 til 1.15...joy.

Anyway, I thought I'd have a go at today's blog prompt to cheer me up, after my little rant of course! It was to list five things that make me happy, so here they are:

  1. Being challenged in my job - after four years of boredom I don't know where my days disappear to now.
  2. Knowing that Carl loves me and knowing my family love me - the fact that I have such a good relationship with my mum these days really makes me smile.
  3. Coming home, putting on a cosy cardie or jumper, and drinking a cup of jasmine tea before I even contemplate doing anymore work.
  4. Having my cat sitting on my lap while I use the computer or watch the TV.
  5. Thinking of the wonderful memories I've already made and those that are yet to come.

Well, that was all very sappy but it has certainly made me feel better inside :D Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I'm shattered and ending the day with Year 8 was not much fun lol!

2 comments:

Mandy Charlton, Photographer, Writer, Blogger said...

Aww, all that happy loveliness and a warm cosey cardi too, what more could a girl want! Sorry about your class!

Claire said...

{{{hugs}}} hun. You sound like a proper teacher already :)
I love that you're less bored, but I miss you