Sunday, March 30, 2008

China, World Showcase, and Olympia


China, World Showcase
Originally uploaded by Scrap_Vamp
I had been wanting to scrap these photos for ages. The acrobats in China at Epcot's World Showcase were incredible and I was really pleased with the quality of picture that I managed to capture.

Unfortunately I simply couldn't find the right papers. Then one day, recently, I went into Scrapbook Sisters and they had these two red, black and gold papers, and I thought they would work perfectly.

I used the circle because I was reminded of the film Empire of the Sun and its logo. I then handcut the dragon from the black paper and cut round a section of the Chinese calligraphy. I added some brads in three corners, which I painted gold with acrylic paint, and then a chain and a pendant which was in a set that I got for Christmas.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the finished product!

On a different note, I spent today at the Stitch and Craft show at Olympia with mum and dad. Carl enjoyed himself as he had some of his mates round for a gaming session, having gone to football yesterday while I was at the shop crop for Karen's birthday! Got some great bargains at the show, and we met Shimelle Laine and Anne Parry. It only turns out that, when mum and dad were first married, they lived across the road from Anne and her family! It really is a small world :D

No comments: